An Easy Half Up Double With A Gold Clip

The one thing I’ve learned recently when it comes to styling your hair, is that less is more sometimes. Often times we think that an updo has to be super complicated, or have a ton of cilps and pins to make it special. But in an effort to create elevated hairstyles without overthinking it and making it more complicated, I wanted to share this particular style with you. It’s so easy and can be done in a pinch! All you need is one bobby pin and one fun gold clip. That’s it!
Here’s how I do it.

Step One
Start with my everyday waves (you can check out my everyday waves tutorial here). You can totally do this on straight hair but the waves add a lot of nice texture. For extra volume, you can also check out this post.
Step Two
Take one side of your hair from around your ear towards the back and twist slightly. A half twist is enough and insert a bobby pin. I only needed one and I have a ton of hair.
Step Three
Take the other side and do the same thing, pull it back and do a half twist. Keep it loose so it still has some texture, you don’t want to look too pulled back!
Step Four
Place your gold pin to secure.  Feel free to pull a few pieces out to frame your face as well.
You can also use whatever kind of clip or pin you like. There’s so many fun and affordable hair accessories out now that it’s hard to even choose! I found several great ones at Ulta and Target that I picked up. I’ve rounded up a few below as well. You can even just do a large gold bobby pin like this one to secure it (or two criss crossed!). It’s just a great technique to know that literally takes seconds and instantly pulls your style together. This is also the half up version of this twisted ponytail. Both are super easy techniques that elevates your everyday haristysle in a few seconds!
Next Post Previous Post