WATERMELON FRIES WITH COCONUT LIME DIP | GLUTEN FREE

Happy Watermelon Day!! Guys. I’m officially obsessed with watermelon and I’m not afraid to talk about it. Since pregnancy, and now even more as a nursing mama, I have been going through a watermelon between myself and my hubby within just a few days. A WHOLE WATERMELON. Apparently, I’m one thirsty girl. I’ve already brought you a watermelon CAKE, today I thought I would whip up something equally fun and playful with watermelon- watermelon fries! No, you should never have to REPLACE real yummy fries with watermelon fries, but as a healthy, refreshing, gluten free, vegan summer snack, you’re going to like the option.

So this really is pretty easy, and comes down to just a few simple ingredients. First, you need a good watermelon that isn’t sad or soggy inside. The key to choosing a good watermelon for making watermelon fries is to look for:

A watermelon that feels heavy for it’s size (regardless of if it’s big or small).
A yellow splotch on one side.
A deep hollow sound when tapped.

Once you got a good one, you simply cut the flesh into fry-like strips and then sprinkle them liberally with tajin seasoning. This is a Mexican seasoning that is a mixture of salt, chili and lime, but in a pitch you can easily just swap in salt, chili powder and lime zest. No sweat. I’m literally just obsessed with this stuff so I always have it on hand.
Ingredients :
  • 1 watermelon rind removed and cut into long fry-like shapes
  • 2 tsp Tajin Classic Seasoning
  • Dip:
  • 1 cup coconut yogurt
  • Zest and juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar or to taste
Instructions :
  • In a bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice and zest and coconut sugar. Set aside.
  • On a plate, scatter watermelon fries and sprinkle Tajin classic seasoning.
  • Serve with dip and enjoy!
Next Post Previous Post